1. Be able to do something in your sleep.

中文里可以对应我闭着双眼也能。

比如: I havent done many portraits, but I could paint landscapes in my sleep.

我画的肖像画不多,但我闭着眼也能画风景。

2. Be engraved1 on/ in your heart, memory, mind, etc.

深深地印在心里或者记忆力。

比如: The date of the accident remains2 engraved on my mind.

事情发生的那个日子已铭记在我心上。

3. Have money to burn

土豪说花钱,英文里也用了burn哦。钱多到拿钱烧,这么土豪,简单易记。那烧钱如流水用英文如何说呢?对了,就是spend money like water.

4. keep somebody at arms length

中文里咱们有维持一臂距离对吧,这么记就特别好记。

比如: He keeps all his clients3 at arms length.

他和所有些顾客都维持距离。

5. Blood is thicker than water.

是否好直白的血浓于水!英文中文真就是一样的哟~

6. Shut / close your eyes to something

中文里咱们说对视若无睹,差不多就是这个意思。

比如: You cant just close your eyes to his violence.

你不可以对他的暴力行为视若无睹。

7. Two heads are better than one.

原来是三个臭皮匠赛过诸葛亮。其实还可以理解为人多力量大。

8. black and white

a)In a way that makes people or things seem completely bad or good, or completely right or wrong.

大家在评论是非对错的时候,或许会听到有人说不分黑白。英文里也用黑和白来指绝对的好和坏,对和错。

比如: Its a complex issue, but he only sees it in black and white.

这是个非常复杂的问题,但他只不过非黑即白地来看它。

b)In writing or in print

中文里,特别是在电视剧里,每次遇见签字画押情节,总能听到白纸黑字是不?英文里也有对应的意思。

比如: I never thought theyd put it in black and white on the front page.

我没想到他们会把这白纸黑字地印在头版上。